- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2009
Counselor and author Leslie Vernick has discovered that many people pray, Lord, I just want to be happy! With candor, Leslie reveals that readers don't need new circumstances but a new perspective to discover true happiness. With biblical insight, Leslie guides readers to take simple steps as they
- recognize and change habits that, day by day, keep them from experiencing happiness
- make good choices and learn from mistakes without beating themselves up
- develop the skills that enable them to let go of negative and painful emotions more quickly
- transform difficult circumstances so they can live with gratitude, joy, and purpose
Application questions help readers work godly thinking, as well as healthy skills and habits, into their lives and hearts. They'll discover that, even if nothing changes in their circumstances, their inner chains can be broken and they can go free into a new path of real hope and happiness.
Stac5 Stars Out Of 5Lord, I Just Want To Be HappyNovember 24, 2016StacQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is AWESOME ! It is so much more than I epexted. I Like how you get to do a Bible study while you are reading through it.
The thing that hooked me RIGHT AWAY was when I read that, "You are never going to be truly happy without God in your life."
When I read that I KNEW that this was going to be a good book with with GODLY ADVICE!
I am going to order the book for my little sister as soon as I am done reading mine.
J5 Stars Out Of 5I don't like the title at all, it is far too shallowApril 6, 2016JQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 3But the book, and it's contents are very good and are helpful.
Janet B. Wojnaroski5 Stars Out Of 5February 22, 2010Janet B. WojnaroskiIn her newest book, Leslie Vernick simply and compellingly helps us understand how to confront the demands of life with the promises of scripture. To do so she takes up-to-date psychology, tests its truth and authenticity against Scripture and spits it out in understandable prose and simple, but powerful questions and exercises.I recommend this book for Bible Studies and general personal reading. all of the relevant data in a meaningful relationship
Susan Riley5 Stars Out Of 5December 12, 2009Susan RileyHappiness is a choice. Leslie shows us how to climb out of our pit of dispair. She uses practical & biblical sound advise to direct us to inner peace and happiness. She shows us how happiness is a chosen state of mind, not a result of circumstances. We can Choose to Be Happy! First by redirecting our negative self-centered focus to... seeing ourselves through God's eyes. God made us who we are. We are his perfect creation and he loves us! inspite of our faults! Happiness is knowing we are on his team...resting under his protection and his direction. And knowing that He put us here in our (good or bad) situation for a purpose. Thank you, Leslie, for impowering us to choose HAPPINESS! It's where I rather be.
tracy5 Stars Out Of 5November 30, 2009tracyWonderful book. Not only is Leslie's advice sound and biblical but it is practical and easily applied to everyday life. I read the book anticipating to use it in counseling and teaching but found it very thought provoking for my own spiritual state of mind and happiness level. Well worth your time!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues