- All Products
- Pre-Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Women of Faith Study Guide
What is your favorite kind of book to read? Most of us find great satisfaction in readingwhether by snuggling down with a great biography, savoring a collection of poetry, or enjoying a mind-bending mystery novel. But have you ever considered that what youre going to read affects how you read it?
Understanding the different genres or writing styles of the Bible prepares us to get more out of the Scripture every time we read. The Bible is literature. When we know something about the background, purpose, and writing style, we can learn to appreciate Gods message all that much more!
In this unique study, women will explore the genres of writing in the Old and New Testaments, such as law, narrative history, wisdom writings, and epistles. Books of the Bible that may have seemed hard to read or disconnected from our modern world will suddenly come alive in a whole new way. Along the way, we will begin to lay hold of depth and delight of Gods Wordnot just as ancient writings, but as a book that is living, active, and more relevant to our daily lives than we ever imagined.
- 12 sessions of interactive Bible study
- Perfect for individual or group study
- Tips for leading a great group included
Margaret Feinberg, one of Americas most beloved Bible teachers, speaks at churches and leading conferences including Catalyst, Thrive, and Women of Joy. Her books, including Wonderstruck, Fight Back With Joy, and Scouting the Divine and their corresponding Bible studies, have sold more than one million copies and received critical acclaim and national media coverage from CNN, Associated Press, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and more. She was named one of fifty women most shaping culture and the church today by Christianity Today. Margaret savors life with Leif, a pastor in Park City, Utah, and their superpup, Hershey.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Supplies >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry