- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Central America
- Middle East
- National Parks
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South America
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Women of Faith Study Guide
What is your favorite kind of book to read? Most of us find great satisfaction in readingwhether by snuggling down with a great biography, savoring a collection of poetry, or enjoying a mind-bending mystery novel. But have you ever considered that what youre going to read affects how you read it?
Understanding the different genres or writing styles of the Bible prepares us to get more out of the Scripture every time we read. The Bible is literature. When we know something about the background, purpose, and writing style, we can learn to appreciate Gods message all that much more!
In this unique study, women will explore the genres of writing in the Old and New Testaments, such as law, narrative history, wisdom writings, and epistles. Books of the Bible that may have seemed hard to read or disconnected from our modern world will suddenly come alive in a whole new way. Along the way, we will begin to lay hold of depth and delight of Gods Wordnot just as ancient writings, but as a book that is living, active, and more relevant to our daily lives than we ever imagined.
- 12 sessions of interactive Bible study
- Perfect for individual or group study
- Tips for leading a great group included
A self-described "hot mess," Margaret Feinberg is a popular Bible teacher and speaker at churches and leading conferences such as Catalyst, Thrive, and Women of Joy. Her books, including The Organic God, The Sacred Echo, Scouting the Divine, Wonderstruck, Fight Back With Joy, and their corresponding Bible studies, have sold nearly one million copies and received critical acclaim and extensive national media coverage from CNN, the Associated Press, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and more.
She was recently named one of 50 women most shaping culture and the church today by Christianity Today, one of the 30 Voices who will help lead the church in the next decade by Charisma magazine and one of 40 who will shape Christian publishing by Christian Retailing magazine. Margaret lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, Leif, and their superpup, Hershey. She believes some of the best days are spent in jammies, laughing and being silly.
CC3 Stars Out Of 5Hard to readOctober 21, 2015CCQuality: 2Value: 5Meets Expectations: 1I lead this study with a group of 15 women. The type was so light that many of the ladies could not see it and had to use magnifying glasses. We were very disappointed.
The study itself was beneficial, particularly to new believers. Everyone got something out of it. This study is a bit more academic than all the others we have done from Women of Faith.
dfwgirl3 Stars Out Of 5God's Living Word: Relevant, Alice, and Active - ebookDecember 1, 2014dfwgirlQuality: 2Value: 3Meets Expectations: 3love this book. it is a great overview study of the Bible. However, having seen both the book and the e-book, I am not happy with the format of the e-book. There are multiple formatting tricks in the book to set off chapter titles, quotes, and important points to remember that are simply missing from the e-book. it is difficult to see where one chapter ends and another one begins. I do not feel like the book and the e-book are equivalent products.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Women's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry