Living the Lord's Prayer - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Bethany House
Publication Date: 2010
David Timms teaches and chairs the Graduate Ministry Department at Hope International University in Fullerton, California. David has been a church planter, pastor, and trainer of pastors for twenty-five years. His e-zine, In Hope, shares his reflections on Christian leadership and spiritual formation. He and his wife, Kim, have three sons and live in Fullerton, California.
Jesus Christ used just 72 words to outline the key elements of communicating with God in what we know as the Lord's Prayer. Timms, a native Australian who teaches at Hope International University in California, uses many more words than that in this lucid and probing excavation of the prayer, which he calls the greatest Christian teaching of the centuries on spiritual formation. In word-by-word and phrase-by-phrase exposition, he digs deep into meanings and layers that easily escape a quick read. The opening our calls us to community, Timms says, while Father speaks to fear. Timms also discusses God's closeness, our call to holiness, our willfulness, the challenge of simplicity and the need for forgiveness. Readers will find remarkable lessons throughout this work, which reveals shining gemstones of truth usually left buried in the prayer. Even Amen is mined, with Timms calling it the greatest word of faith that the early church could muster. This is a well-polished study of the oft-quoted but seldom-realized formative prayer of the Christian faith. (July) Copyright 2008 Reed Business Information.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> General >> Practical Instruction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> General
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality