- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2004
Dr. J. Vernon McGee turns to the Epistle of James to present very practical lessons on Christian living. The subject of James is faith. The Epistle of James "pinches," says Dr. McGee. It "hurts you because he gets right down to where we are living-or, more accurately, to where we're not living." He challenges believers to a faith that works and walks in shoe leather. Because James emphasizes the ethics of the Christian faith, Dr. McGee uses the metaphor of "God's University." When life presents us with "quizzes" or "tests," Dr. McGee explains, the believer need not worry because James has provided us not only with the test questions, but also the answers.
Chapters cover such relevant topics as: gossiping, worldly versus heavenly wisdom, the testing of faith through trials, God's condemnation of class distinctions, confession and forgiveness of sins, effective prayer, faith versus works, resisting the devil, and finding the meaning of life.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth