Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Last Minute Christmas
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Authentic Media
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 8.46 X 5.51 (inches)|
Living Free in An Anxious World: What Your Doctor and Pastor Want You To Know About WorryR. Lanny Hunter, Victor L. HunterACU Press / 2010 / Trade Paperback$14.39 Retail:
$15.99Save 10% ($1.60)
Worry Free Living explores every family's daily battles with stress from three perspectives - how it affects our mind, body, and spirit - and gives readers easy-to-follow plans for finding relief. The authors help parents identify what's bugging their families and how to clarify their worries, sorting them into those they can and cannot do something about. What's more, Cole and Ross have filled various chapters with the latest Back to the Bible research findings from Pamela Ovwigho, PhD - a leading researcher with the Center for Bible Engagement. They also include some of the best insights, advice, and treatment options from a variety of medical professionals. Most importantly, they explain everything within the understanding of a Master Creator, God, who is the ultimate Counselor and Healer.
Ideal for individual use and group study, this resource helps readers:
1. Uncover the most common worries and stress-points of men, women, kids, and "twenty-somethings" in our care
2. Become self-aware: evaluating the stress in our households and plotting realistic steps toward change
3. Reach out to those we love-from worried spouses and in-laws to teens and young children
4. Understand the difference between the mind (what we think) and the brain (the physical processes of chemical reactions) ... and how they contribute to worry
5. Learn to de-stress our thinking and calm down our bodies
6. Give up unhealthy religiosity-such as the false belief that "worrying is a sign that we lack faith"
7. Reject the myth that we are in control and learn to take Jesus at His word: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).
In the words of Dr. Archibald Hart (one of the experts interviewed in this book), "You must come down from the 'hills' of stress and into the 'valleys' of rest on a daily basis." Our bodies are not designed for a continual state of fear, worry, and anxiety - but instead for continual tranquility with short bursts of adrenaline. Worry Free Living shows moms, dads, caregivers, and ministers alike how to break the cycle of unnecessary suffering and find peace in Christ.
Arnie Cole (EdD, Pepperdine) is the CEO of Back to the Bible and Director of Research and Development for the Center for Bible Engagement. He has spent much of his professional life tracking trends of human behavior and developing programs that can help change negative behaviors. He and his wife, Char, are the parents of adult children and operate Still Waters Ranch, an equestrian center that serves as a community outreach. The Coles live near Lincoln, Nebraska.
Michael Ross is an award-winning journalist and the author, co-author, and collaborator of more than 32 books for Christian families, including the Gold Medallion winner BOOM: A Guy's Guide to Growing Up (Tyndale), and a bestselling parenting guide What Your Son Isn't Telling You (Bethany House). Michael is the former editor of Breakaway, a national magazine for teen guys published by Focus on the Family. Today, he oversees Back to the Bible's book publishing efforts. He and his wife Tiffany live in Lincoln, Nebraska, with their son Christopher.
GinaAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A Tool to Help Us All Live Worry-Free!March 26, 2014GinaAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5WORRY-FREE LIVING is ideal for parents, singles, pastors, and counselors alike. In fact, I'm going to encourage my church to use this book in Sunday school classes and in various small groups.
Arnie and Michael have filled this resource with practical tools and common-sense strategies that can help us all neutralize unproductive worry. But this is much more than a "self-help" resource. Every page is God-centered _ focused on Scriptural truths and the healing power of Jesus Christ.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Stress
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Worry
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth