- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
* Scripture is clear---Jesus has defeated Satan! But even if we're free, we're still living in the devil's hostile territory. What do we need to know about the enemy? In this must-read guide, Dutcher exposes Satan's chief aim in the world and equips you with the knowledge to survive and thrive until Christ comes again. 160 pages, softcover from Discovery.
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Discovery House Music
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.38 X 0.25 (inches)|
- CYBER DEAL
Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power--and the Only Hope That MattersTimothy KellerDutton / 2009 / Hardcover$11.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 18 Reviews Video
$19.95Save 40% ($7.96)
Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God AloneElyse M. FitzpatrickP & R Publishing / 2002 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$13.99Save 21% ($3.00)
Breaking the Idols of Your Heart: How to Navigate the Temptations of LifeDan B. Allender Ph.D., Tremper Longman IIIInterVarsity Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$16.00Save 25% ($4.01)
Coming Home to Your True Self: Leaving the Emptiness of False AttractionsAlbert HaaseInterVarsity Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$14.40 Retail:
$16.00Save 10% ($1.60)
Greg Dutcher is senior pastor of Christ Fellowship Church in Fallston, Maryland. He and his wife, Lisa, have four children.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
AnnetteTexasAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5The Accurate EnemyMarch 23, 2012AnnetteTexasAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Author and blogger Tim Challies wrote the foreword on Living Free In Enemy Territory. His opening statement is about when going to war, "know your enemy."
"Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."
1 Peter 5:8 ESV
Most humans, either perceive Satan as the Hollywood screen image, or they flagrantly ignore him as a fictitious boogey-man.
Neither view is accurate because they are not Biblical.
Greg Dutcher's emphasis in Living Free In Enemy Territory is to re-direct us to what Scripture teaches us about Satan. Scripture does tell us "to be alert and sober-minded." Scripture also teaches us that he is more like an angel of light---being beautiful, rather than monstrous and hideous.
"Satan has sinister motives, but that his outward manifestations can be quite beautiful." page 26.
There are two passages of Scripture that bear "light" on him.
Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:15-17. ESV.
See also 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 1:6. ESV.
Scripture teaches us that we are already victorious over Satan, because of Christ Jesus. Jesus' death on the cross has redeemed us from eternal death and separation from Him. Satan has already been defeated because of Jesus' shed blood. Yet, Satan tries to lure us, and persuade us, in to temptation, in order that we will curse God, as well as tarnish the testimony of the Church.
See Revelation 20:10, John 12:31, Colossians 2:15. ESV
"Satan's final destruction-being thrown into the fiery lake-is something we can eagerly await. But Jesus has already secured the victory, striking the deathblow to the Devil and his dominion by going to the cross. In many ways, Satan's swan dive into hell is just the filing of the paperwork." pages 61-62.
One of the last chapters and titled as such in Living Free In Enemy Territory, exclaims that we can say "You disgust me Satan!" We do not need to live in fear of him. We do have the authority because of God's Spirit that lives in us, to emphatically and triumphantly state, "You disgust me!"
I felt this was an awesome book on a theme that is either ignored or given too much attention in the media and culture. Yet neither reaction is correct.
We should be alert and vigilante in knowing that we will never have a time while we are on earth, where we are free from temptation. We must read, study, and memorize God's precious Word. And,
"We must pray continually." 1 Thessalonians 5:17 NIV. See also Ephesians 6:10-19. ESV.
Thank you to Discovery House Publishers for my free review copy!
Page 1 of 1
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Books >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Books >> Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Books >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Warfare
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Holy Spirit
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spiritual Warfare
- Christian Living >> Charismatic Interest >> Spirituality
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Warfare
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose