- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Christians resolved to study the Bible more fervently often struggle to grasp the progression of Scripture as a whole, instead encountering various passages each week through unrelated readings, studies, and sermons. But once they see the Bible as a Great Story, they begin to see how their own lives fit into what God has done and is doing in the world. New Testament scholar J. Scott Duvall and Old Testament expert J. Daniel Hays wrote Living Gods Word to help Christians consider how their lives can be integrated into the story of the Bible, thus enabling them to live faithfully in deep and important ways. They survey the entire Bible through broad themes that trace the progression of Gods redemptive plan. Each section deals with a certain portion of Scriptures story and includes reading/listening preparation, explanation, summary, observations about theological significance, connections to the Great Story, and written assignments for further study. These featurescombined with the authors engaging stylemake Living Gods Word an ideal introductory college text, Sunday school elective, or small group study.
J. Daniel Hays (ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary; PhD, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) is dean of the Pruet School of Christian Studies and professor of Old Testament at Ouachita Baptist University. He is the author of From Every People and Nation, and he has coauthored Grasping God's Word; Preaching God's Word; Journey into Gods Word; The Story of Israel: A Biblical Theology; Iraq: Babylon of the End Times?; Apocalypse; and The Dictionary of Biblical Prophecy. He teaches adult Sunday school at his local church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and preaches frequently throughout the nation.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality