In Live Your Joy, Bonnie St. John shares her discoveries in the quest to find joy. Despite extreme physical and emotional challenges such as childhood abuse, surgeries to amputate her leg, divorce and single parenthood, Bonnie has overcome to find joy and faith. She now invites you to partner with God and discover the power of your own dreams and personal vision.
Joy is something that comes from the inside out. It feels like a flowing grace, a feeling of goodness all around, a sense of well-being through good and bad. It is love, gratitude, faith and empowerment all wrapped together. Joy deepens our experiences. It opens us to seeing a more beautiful sunset, appreciating rather than fault finding, to believing in oneself.
Here are some of the things Bonnie St. John has learned about finding joy...
- Discover the power of your own dreams and personal vision.
- Each day make the choice of joy over bitterness.
- Strengthen you self-confidence...shape yourself, don't let others shape you
- Clarify what matters most to you
- Allow spontaneous, surprising gifts of joy to redirect your schedule.
- Partner with God...the entire power of the universe is on our side.
- Become more helping, more healing and more accepting .
None of this is easy and Bonnie admits that she's not able to live her joy every minute of every day. But she does so now more often than she used to. And, more often than she used to, she feels love from others, feels compassion in painful situations, and lives more fully and joyfully.
Bonnie is a 1984 Paralympics silver medal winner in ski racing. Her education includes a degree with honors from Harvard, a Rhodes scholarship, and an M.Litt in Economics from Oxford.
Her career includes positions as an award-winning sales rep for IBM and a Clinton White House member of staff. She now is a much-in-demand speaker, who makes nearly 100 speeches each year to corporations and civic groups. You can visit her on the Web at www.bonniestjohn.com.