Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Tragedy is something that comes quickly and effects as many as it can. Divorce is one such tragedy, and many women find their hopes and dreams shattered when divorce breaks a family apart. For many, this is the greatest loss they have ever faced. It devastates them, and they desperately need emotional and spiritual help. This 8-session Christian divorce recovery series covers topics such as loneliness, forgiveness, fear, picking up the pieces, dating, and moving past the shame and guilt to healing and wholeness. Includes DVD with all 8 sessions and PDF file of the leader guide.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 188DV
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 7.50 X 5.25 X 0.50 (inches)
Series: Live Again
Radical Recovery: Transforming The Despair of Your Divorce Into An Unexpected GoodSuzy BrownLeafwood / 2007 / Trade Paperback$8.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 44% ($7.00)
Divorce and Recovery-101 Stories About Surviving and Thriving after DivorceJack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Patty HansenChicken Soup for the Soul / 2008 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.95Save 43% ($6.46)
10 Reasons to Show This Series in Your Church▼▲
What will this series do for your church?
- Help you reach out to the community. People who might never visit a church service will come for the healing the "Live Again" series offers.
- Give hope. Reinforce that God has a good plan for the future. Many divorcees believe they are disqualified from anything good. They need to be reminded that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. Many Bible characters failed and lived to serve again.
- Focus on Jesus. This Christ-centered journey leads women to wholeness through a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Help women make good decisions. It offers a fellowship of women who want to follow Christ, encouraging others to grow spiritually and hold each other accountable.
- Bring believers back. Divorce happens - even among Christians - and sometimes the shame of divorce causes a person to drift away from the church due to their own embarrassment. This DVD welcomes them and helps them reconnect.
- Help women forgive themselves. Women fear that they have failed at one of the most important relationships in life and now have a black cloud over their head. They need to trust in God and his grace.
- Build supportive friendships. Many women feel empty without a man in their life. This DVD-based group provides an opportunity for fellowship with caring, spiritually minded women.
- Bring understanding. Sometimes the only person who understands is someone who has been there before. This series allows mature Christian women to guide recent divorcees into healing and hope.
- Create transparency. This series is created uniquely for women-only groups so they can share freely about the problems they are facing.
- You don't need to have all the answers. The experts and testimonies are on the DVD. Just show the video and follow the clear, easy-to-understand leader and participant guides.
Michelle Borquez, host of Live Again: Wholeness After Divorce, gives women hope and courage as they face the pain and devastation of a separation or divorce. As the spokesperson for Beth Moore's national TV special, "Living Well," Michelle Borquez knows the challenges Christian women face.
- Session 1: Acceptance Reality Check - Dealing with the pain and shock.
- Session 2: Forgiveness Factor - Forgiving yourself and the other person.
- Session 3: The Loneliness Giant - How to handle the loneliness and create a loving community around you.
- Session 4: The Real Enemy - Satan wants to tear you down and make you feel worthless. God has plans for hope and a good future for you.
- Session 5: Respect Yourself - Having self-respect and setting healthy boundaries in all situations.
- Session 6: The Dating Game - Expert testimony: Dr. Tim A. Gardner. What do men really want? How are men and women different in their thinking about a sexual relationship outside of marriage? Tips to avoid making mistakes.
- Session 7: Beyond the Shame and Guilt - Expert testimony: Dale Dunnewold. How is it possible not to feel guilt or shame when we feel we have failed so greatly. Rebuilding your life.
- Session 8: Discovering a Future of Wholeness - What to expect as you move from the initial shock of divorce toward the future? Pearls of wisdom from a panel discussion.