Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
Series: Ancient Practices
A journey of the soul through the map of Christian time.
The liturgical year, beginning on the first Sunday of Advent and carrying through the following November, is the year that sets out to attune the life of the Christian to the life of Jesus, the Christ.
What may at first seem to be simply an arbitrary arrangement of ancient holy days, or liturgical seasons, this book explains their essential relationship to one another and their ongoing meaning to us today. It is an excursion into life from the Christian perspective, from the viewpoint of those who set out not only to follow Jesus but to live and think as Jesus did.
And it proposes to help us to year after year immerse ourselves into the sense and substance of the Christian life until, eventually, we become what we say we arefollowers of Jesus all the way to the heart of God. It is an adventure in human growth; it is an exercise in spiritual ripening.
A volume in the eight book classic series, The Ancient Practices, with a foreword by Phyllis Tickle, General Editor.
Sister Joan Chittister, OSB, is a Benedictine nun and an international lecturer. In her more than 50 years as a nun she has authored 40 books, including her most recent, the critically acclaimed The Gift of Years. Sister Joan is the founder and current executive director of Benetvision, a resource and research center for contemporary spirituality that located in Erie, PA.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Liturgy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Liturgy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Liturgy