- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2010
She's Almost a Teenager: Essential Conversations to Have Now - eBookPeter Larson, Heather Larson, David Arp, Claudia ArpBethany House / 2015 / ePub$7.34 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$13.00Save 44% ($5.66)
52 Things Daughters Need from Their Dads: What Fathers Can Do to Build a Lasting Relationship - eBookJay PayleitnerHarvest House Publishers / 2013 / ePub$6.88 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$12.99Save 47% ($6.11)
Five Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter - eBookVicki CourtneyB&H Books / 2008 / ePub$1.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$9.99Save 80% ($8.00)
Bestselling author, speaker, and founder of the Secret Keeper Girl conferences, Dannah Gresh shares with moms the secret to helping today s girls grow up confident, grace-filled, and strong in their faith.
Studies show that the foundation for an emotionally healthy teen girl is built between the ages of 8-12 and that a good relationship with mom is one of the most important factors. So when the world wants girls to grow up too fast, how does a mother help her young daughter navigate the stormy waters of boy-craziness, modesty and body image, media, Internet safety, and more? With a warm, transparent style, Dannah Gresh shares six ways a mom can help protect and guide her daughter, including:
- help her celebrate her body in a healthy way
- unbrand her when the world tries to buy and sell her
- unplug her from a plugged-in world
- dream with her about her prince, and more
This wonderful resource also provides moms a Connection IQ Inventory to test their mom- daughter relationship, creative and fun activities to do together, and Scriptures for the mom to pray for her daughter.
* Give her the right dolls to play with; <br>* Celebrate her body by punctuating her period; <br>* Unplug her from a plugged-in world; <br>* Unbrand her when the world tries to buy and sell her; <br>* Become the Carpool Queen and Sleepover Diva; <br>* Dream with her about her prince.
Presented as a mom-directed joint effort with your daughter, Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl gives help which really works in today's world. Full of highlighted extra ideas and trendy hints, illumined with proven ideas from other Christian moms, based firmly in God's Word, providing fun tests for finding out such things as how to keep your clothes up-to-date but modest, and making prayer and scripture the strengthening foundation, Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl is jam-packed with the information Mom's want and daughters desperately need.
Besides all this, it's fun to read and easy to put into action (so long as you are willing to take the initiative and move right into the firing line of this conflict). One of the heartening things about this book is that Gresh recognizes the problems and heartbreaks, and, rather than condemning parents whose children have gone astray, provides encouragement and help for parents who think the battle is lost. Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl presents starting points and ongoing directions. It is one of a series of books, so that the help you need will continue. Gresh's website SecretKeeperGirl.com, plus other helpful websites she suggests, provide further help. Donna Eggett, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Elementary Age
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Teenagers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Daughters
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Elementary Age
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting