Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Emphasizing the importance of evaluating worldview, assignments often ask students to evaluate the perspectives of the characters and authors in the writing. Students will also study and analyze literary elements such as plot, setting, characters, writing style, allegory, dialogue, and other components of excellent writing.
Thirty-four weekly chapters include four lessons each (45-60 minutes) with objectives and concept-building exercises; a writing assignment is due at the end of the week, which students are encouraged to polish for inclusion in a final portfolio. Daily "concept builders" emphasize a concept important to the chapter topic through graphic organizers and reading exercises. Students are also encouraged to write in a prayer journal each day, to create vocabulary cards for challenging words, and discuss the week's literary term with parents/educators.
NIV Scripture used. With all assignments completed, this course equals 1 writing and 1 literature credit. 381 pages, softcover. Junior High: Grades 7-8.
This course requires the following books:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- The Religious Life of a Negro by Booker T. Washington
- Anne of Green Gables by L. Maude Montgomery
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- Shane by Jack Warner Schaefer
- A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
|Title: Skills For Literary Analysis: Lessons in Assessing Writing Structures, Student|
By: James Stobaugh
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 X 0.75 (inches)|
Weight: 2 pounds
Stock No: WW517121
Wendy S Wilson, Gerald H. HermanWalch Education / Trade PaperbackOur Price$22.494 out of 5 stars for Critical Thinking Using Primary Sources in U.S. History. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$26.00Save 14% ($3.51)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Closeouts >> Homeschool
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Curriculum >> More Writing Curriculum
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Creative Writing
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Curriculum >> More Writing Curriculum
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Creative Writing
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.