Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Emphasizing the importance of evaluating worldview, assignments often ask students to evaluate the perspectives of the characters and authors in the writing. Students will also study and analyze literary elements such as plot, setting, characters, writing style, allegory, dialogue, and other components of excellent writing.
Thirty-four weekly chapters include four lessons each (45-60 minutes) with objectives and concept-building exercises; a writing assignment is due at the end of the week, which students are encouraged to polish for inclusion in a final portfolio. Daily "concept builders" emphasize a concept important to the chapter topic through graphic organizers and reading exercises. Students are also encouraged to write in a prayer journal each day, to create vocabulary cards for challenging words, and discuss the week's literary term with parents/educators.
NIV Scripture used. With all assignments completed, this course equals 1 writing and 1 literature credit. 381 pages, softcover. Junior High: Grades 7-8.
This course requires the following books:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- The Religious Life of a Negro by Booker T. Washington
- Anne of Green Gables by L. Maude Montgomery
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- Shane by Jack Warner Schaefer
- A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 X 0.75 (inches)|
Critical Thinking Using Primary Sources in U.S. HistoryWendy S Wilson, Gerald H. HermanWalch Education / Trade Paperback$20.79 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$26.00Save 20% ($5.21)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.