- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Frederick Buechner, author of more than thirty works of fiction and nonfiction, is an ordained Presbyterian minister. He has been a finalist for both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award and was honored by the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His most recent work is Beyond Words: Daily Readings in the ABC’s of Faith.
Rich5 Stars Out Of 5May 12, 2010RichI first became exposed to Buechner on a recent mission trip. He is an amazing author. This devotional never ceases to astound me. Sentences and paragraphs will sear a place in your soul and your memory and inspire.
Cindi Bessent5 Stars Out Of 5December 4, 2002Cindi BessentBuechner's books tend to be short on words and long on insight. He packs so much into every paragraph that I find myself rereading, underlining and quoting him often. Few writer's today come close to his depth and honesty. His writings have encouraged, challenged and comforted me over and over again. This book is a great introduction to his work as a whole. Read a little Buechner and I'm sure you will be wanting to read all of Buechner! This particular book is set up as a year long devotional but I couldn't put it down and read far ahead. Now I plan to use it as my devotional for many years to come. His wisdom and brutal honesty leaves you breathless and longing for more. I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've read of Frederick Buechner!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Daily
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations