- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
- A comprehensive introduction to the study of language, set apart by its inclusion of cross-linguistic data from over 80 different spoken and signed languages
- Explores how language works by examining discourse, sentence-structure, meaning, words, and sounds
- Introduces psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic issues, including language acquisition, neurolinguistics, language variation, language change, language contact, and multilingualism
- Written in a problem-oriented style to engage readers, and is ideal for those new to the subject
- Incorporates numerous student-friendly features throughout, including extensive exercises, summaries, assignments, and suggestions for further reading
- Based on the bestselling Dutch edition of this work, the English edition has been revised and expanded to offer an up-to-date and engaging survey of linguistics for students new to the field
Anne E. Baker is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Amsterdam with a specialisation in psycholinguistics and sign linguistics. Her publications include Taal en taalwetenschap (ed. with René Appel, Kees Hengeveld, Folkert Kuiken, and Pieter Muysken, 2002) and Sign Language Acquisition (ed. with Bencie Woll, 2008).
Kees Hengeveld is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Amsterdam with a specialisation in linguistic typology and grammatical theory. His publications include Functional Discourse Grammar: A typologically-based theory of language structure (with J. Lachlan Mackenzie, 2008) and The Theory of Functional Grammar (with Simon C. Dik, 1997).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Philosophy
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Philosophy
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics