Add To Cart
Light Keepers: Ten Girls Who... 5-Volume Boxed Set
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Light Keepers: Ten Girls Who... 5-Volume Boxed Set|
By: Irene Howat
Vendor: Christian Focus
Weight: 1 pound 6 ounces
Series: Light Keepers
Stock No: WW503192
Irene HowatChristian Focus / Trade PaperbackOur Price$27.495 out of 5 stars for Light Keepers: Ten Boys Who... 5-Volume Boxed Set. View reviews of this product. 13 Reviews
Retail Price$39.99Save 31% ($12.50)
Irene HowattChristian Focus / Trade PaperbackOur Price$13.49
Retail Price$17.98Save 25% ($4.49)
Irene HowatChristian Focus / Mass PaperbackOur Price$10.49
Retail Price$13.98Save 25% ($3.49)
Irene HowatChristian Focus / Mass PaperbackOur Price$9.99
Retail Price$13.98Save 29% ($3.99)
The fascinating stories of these fifty girls who were used by God will inspire young readers.
The stories of Helen Roseveare, Corrie Ten Boom, Joni Eareckson and many others are brought to life by awardwinning author Irene Howat. Each book contains the stories of ten girls who grew up to be used by God in amazing ways. Readers will not only be amazed at the bravery, cleverness and faith of these girls, but will be inspired to look to the God who worked through each of them.
The books contain ten easy to read chapters of equal length. Each characters chapter begins with an incident or memory from their childhood, reminding the reader that people who grew up to do amazing things were once children just like them. The chapters have a fact file, a keynote, a think spot and a prayer to help think through and apply what has been learned in the chapter. The books also conclude with a quiz to see how much the reader remembers. This box set contains all five Ten Girls books in a cardboard slipcase.
The set includes
- Ten Girls Who Changed the World (Isobel Kuhn; Mary Slessor; Joni Eareckson; Corrie Ten Boom; Evelyn Brand; Gladys Aylward; Jackie Pullinger; Amy Carmichael; Elizabeth Fry; and Catherine Booth)
- Ten Girls Who Used Their Talents (Anne Lawson; Selina Countess of Huntingdon; Mildred Cable; Katie Ann Mackinnon; Sarah Edwards; Patricia St John; Helen Roseveare; Harriet Beecher Stowe; Mary Verghese; and Maureen McKenna)
- Ten Girls Who Made History (Mary Jane Kinnaird; Emma Dryer; Florence Nightingale; Lottie Moon; Ida Scudder; Jeanette Li; Henrietta Mears; Bessie Adams; Betty Greene; and Elisabeth Elliot)
- Ten Girls Who Didnt Give In (Blandina; Perpetua; Lady Jane Grey; Anne Askew; Lysken Dirks; Marion Harvey; Margaret Wilson; Judith Weinberg; Betty Stam; and Esther John)
- Ten Girls Who Made a Difference (Monica of Thagaste; Katherine Luther; Susanna Wesley; Ann Judson; Maria Taylor; Susannah Spurgeon; Bethan LloydJones; Edith Schaeffer; Sabina Wurmbrand; and Ruth Bell Graham)
The Lightkeepers introduces readers aged 812 to the enjoyment of reading Christians biographies. The series also includes Ten Boys Who Changed the World; Ten Boys Who Used Their Talents; Ten Boys Who Made History; Ten Boys Who Didnt Give In; Ten Boys Who Made a Difference; and Lightkeepers Boys Box Set.
It's a wonderful series. Irene Howat writes with a real warmth and insight. People that you have never met come alive on the page. Christian legends and unsung heroes all become friends you can understand and look up to. In a world where role models of real integrity are few and far between the Lightkeeper's series fills the gap!-- Catherine MacKenzie (Author and CF4K Editor)
The real strength of the series the quality of the writing -it is so engaging. Browsing through the chapters I had to tear myself away from each paragraph I set my eyes on.
For too long our children have often had to put up with second best in their reading of Christian literature. Good intentions are not enough, but here we have books that conform to the best standards of secular reading and are excellent exemplars of Christian living and challenge.
If you buy one of these as a present for somebody be careful not to get it dog-eared, or better still buy two! Teachers please note that these would serve as a good basis for Christian oriented assemblies.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.