- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2013
Shame has been called the most unendurable of sentiments. Shame hurts so much that we do everything we can to stop the pain and to keep other people from realizing that we have it. The cover-ups we use end up hurting other people and can be the root cause of marital breakups, workplace conflicts, racial tensions, and church splits. In contrast to guilt, which can lead to repentance and reconciliation, shame leads to isolation and continuing problems.
Everyone feels shame from time to time, but some people live with it constantly. Whether you yourself have felt the pain of shame or whether you would like to reach out to someone who does, you need to find out how to recognize shame and how to apply the solution that God has provided in Christ.
Lift Up Your Head can help you discover what may be happening behind the masks. At the end of each chapter are questions for reflection to help you digest what you have read. The questions can also be used for small-group discussion.
Carolyn Kerr's book, Lift Up Your Head: Joy in the Face of Shame is outstanding! It deals with an important and difficult topic which is too often neglected both in the church and in the secular world. Kerr points out how debilitating yet how common shame is. This is an essential work for pastors, therapists, counselors and anyone who has ever been made to feel ashamed.
Rev. Dr. Paul Leggett
Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Montrose, New Jersey
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Guilt/Shame
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational