Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
British literature is rich with the universal themes that echo in the heart and soul. Through each era, students will study some of the greatest works of literature, from Beowulf to Pride and Prejudice to The Screwtape Letter.Each lesson includes a short biography of the author, an excerpt from his or her writings, and test questions. A brief introduction to each period puts the works in context.
- British Literature Lifepac 1 covers the Middle Ages, including old English and middle English. Authors studied include Bede, Chaucer, Sir Thomas Malory, and Everyman.
- British Literature Lifepac 2 covers the 16th century, including the renaissance and Reformation. Authors studied include Sir Thomas Moore, Roger Ascham, John Foxe, Edmund Spenser, Mary Herbert, Sir Walter Raleigh, William Shakespeare and the English Bible.
- British Literature Lifepac 3 covers the 17th and 18th centuries, including the Restoration and Neoclassical periods, and the Stuarts and the Puritan revolution. Authors studied include John Donne, John Milton, Francis Bacon, and Alexander Pope.
- British Literature Lifepac 4 covers the 19th century, including the Romantic and Victorian eras . Authors studied include William Blake, Jane Austin, John Keats, Robert Browning and Oscar Wilde.
- British Literature Lifepac 5 covers the 20th century, including modern poetry and prose, and modern fiction. Authors studied include Thomas Hardy, G.K. Chesterton, William Butler Yeats, T.S. Eliot, James Joyce, and C.S. Lewis.
This Teacher's Guide accompanies the workbooks. Introductory notes, alternate tests and answers, line-listed workbook answer keys, and student tables of contents are included. 104 pages, softcover.
Vendor: Alpha Omega Publications
Publication Date: 2000
Series: AOP Lifepac Electives
Accounting Lifepac 1: Accounting OverviewAlpha Omega Publications / Trade Paperback$6.26 Retail:
$6.95Save 10% ($0.69)
Accounting Lifepac 2: Starting an Accounting SystemAlpha Omega Publications / Trade Paperback$6.26 Retail:
$6.95Save 10% ($0.69)
Lifepac Electives: British Literature, Teacher's GuideAlpha OmegaAlpha Omega Publications / Trade Paperback$17.06 Retail:
$18.95Save 10% ($1.89)
susietenn.Age: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Top QualitySeptember 23, 2011susietenn.Age: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Your products are always very good and easy to follow even for a first timer like me.
Gloria Parker5 Stars Out Of 5December 14, 2009Gloria ParkerMy son has enjoyed this lit set, I even learned quitea bit For those who enjoy reading this is a great set of work books
paula5 Stars Out Of 5August 14, 2007paulaMy daughter used the Lifepac American Literature last year, and she really enjoyed it. The British Literature looks really good, except it doesn't come with any full length novels (American Literature came with The Old Man and the Sea and Our Town). My daughter is excited to start reading the Lifepacs, and the score key is easier to use than the ones from Lifepacs we have used before.
Q: Does this set include the teacher's edition?
Yes, this does have the Teachers Edition.
Q: Is this a high school course?
This is an elective for grades 7-12.
Find Related Products▼▲
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.