Lick the Sugar Habit - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 1988
Are you a sugarholic? As Americans, we consume on average 150 pounds of sugar a year, and that’s as bad for you as it sounds. Sugar upsets body chemistry and devastates the endocrine and immune systems, leading to a host of diseases and conditions including hypoglycemia, diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis, cancer, heart disease, headaches, allergies, asthma, obesity, periodontal disease, tooth decay, and more. A sugarholic since childhood, Dr. Nancy Appleton cured herself of chronic illnesses by changing her diet. In Lick the Sugar Habit, she explains how it worked for her, and how it can help you too through a variety of simple techniques, and mouth-watering, healthful recipes.
- Are you a sugarholic? Answer the questionnaire to find out
- Test yourself for food allergies caused by sugar
- End sugar-related calcium loss, heartburn, and indigestion—without drugs!
- Follow one of three detailed food plans to east yourself into a low-sugar life
- Through a variety of simple techniques, learn how to banish sugar cravings
- Savor healthy, hearty dishes like Hot Asparagus Soup, Persian Lamb and Bean Stew, and Savory Pepper Pilaf. Choose from an entire chapter of easy-to-prepare recipes
Nancy Appleton, PhD, earned her BS in clinical nutrition from UCLA and her PhD in health services from Walden University. She maintains a private practice in Los Angeles, California. An avid researcher, Dr. Appleton lectures extensively throughout the world and has appeared on numerous television and radio talk shows. In addition to Like the Sugar Habit, she is also the author of the bestselling Healthy Bones and Secrets of Natural Healing with Food.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲