- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2014
A lever helps us move an object that otherwise we could never budge. Seven Levers: Missional Strategies for Conferences explores conferences in operational terms, highlighting focal points for change. What works in conferences, what doesnt, and why?
Author Robert Schnase shows us how to identify and change practices that are no longer conducive to our mission and demonstrates concrete ways to foster a more relevant and effective connectionalism. He uses specific conference examples to describe fundamental strategies that really work. Seven Levers provides insight and a common language to help leaders focus their work on what matters most and align their ministries, personnel, budgets, and governance accordingly. It is an honest and practical guide for all the pastors, lay leaders, conference staff, cabinets, and conference boards striving to shape their common ministries through conferences.
Schnases best-selling Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations has focused and strengthened ministry in thousands of congregations. Now Seven Levers gives hope and direction for those who are frustrated by conference work that is too often unfocused and unfruitful and who long for a more innovative and relevant connectionalism.
"Seven Levers charts a clear and compelling course for annual conferences and other judicatories." Douglas T. Anderson, Associate Director of Church Development, Indiana Conference (United Methodist Church)
"Filled with insight, examples, provocation, and hope." Lovett H. Weems Jr., Director, Lewis Center for Church Leadership, Wesley Theological Seminary
"Positive and hopeful, Seven Levers will change your conference. I heartily recommend it for every clergy and lay member of the annual conference." Janice Huie, Bishop, Texas Conference (United Methodist Church)
"This book is gold. . . . Seven Levers is itself an unprecedented lever for our denomination!" Sue Nilson Kibbey, Director of Connectional and Missional Church Initiatives, West Ohio Conference (United Methodist Church)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry