- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Hodder Education
Publication Date: 2015
Series: OCR A Level History
Exam Board: OCR
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: June 2016
This is an OCR endorsed resource
Build strong subject knowledge and skills in A Level History using the in-depth analysis and structured support in this tailor-made series for OCR's British period studies and enquiries.
- Develops the analytical skills required to succeed in the period study by organising the narrative content around the key issues for students to explore
- Enhances understanding of the chosen historical period, supplying a wealth of extracts and sources that offer opportunities to practise the evaluative skills needed for the enquiry
- Progressively improves study skills through developmental activities and advice on answering practice exam questions
- Helps students to review, revise and reflect on the course material through chapter summaries and revision activities that consolidate topic knowledge
- Equips students with transferable critical thinking skills, presenting contrasting academic opinions that encourage A Level historians to make informed judgements on major debates
Each title in the OCR A Level History series contains one or two British period studies and its associated enquiry, providing complete support for every option in Unit Group 1.
This title explores the period from dominance of the Liberals and Conservatives in the nineteenth century to the rise of Labour and their governments of 1945-51 through two British period studies and one enquiry. It allows an in-depth understanding of the key historical knowledge, terms and concepts relevant to the period studied and encourages the critical use of evidence in investigating and assessing historical questions in the associated enquiry: 'England and a New Century c1900-1918'.
This title covers the following period studies and enquiry:
- Liberals, Conservatives and the Rise of Labour 1846-1902
- England and a New Century c1900-1918
- Britain c.1918-1951