- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2015
This is the sixth edition of the classic textbook that has been introducing Paul and his writing to seminary and undergraduate students for over forty years. Roetzel provides a comprehensive look at Paul in light of recent scholarship and theological understandings of Paul. This new edition includes four brand-new sections on the following: the chronology of Paul's letters; Paul's concept of "law" in the context of messianic expectation; the religious and political contexts in which Paul's letters were written; and Jewish understandings of Gentiles and Paul's mission to include them among the elect of God. This long-established textbook is the ideal choice for any student of Paul.
Calvin J. Roetzel is Sundet Professor Emeritus of New Testament Studies at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities in Minneapolis. A noted authority on Paul, he is the author of several books, including PaulA Jew on the Margins and The World That Shaped the New Testament, published by Westminster John Knox Press.
-Steven J. Kraftchick,
Professor of the Practice of New Testament Interpretation, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
Calvin Roetzel's book, The Letters of Paul, has achieved near-classic status in the field. It is a pleasure, therefore, to see it being reissued in yet another revision from Roetzel's indefatigable pen. Highly recommended.
Hermann P. and Sophia Taubman Professor of Talmudic Culture, University of California, Berkeley
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies