- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2011
Forever change the way you look
at the Bible . . . and your own life
Have you ever read the Bible only to come away confused? Ever wondered if God actually had you in mind when He began telling His story?
Though life may not be going according to your plan, God has another one, far better than you can imagine. From Genesis to Revelation, experience His invitation to get you dancing with joy.
In 66 Love Letters Larry Crabb offers a fresh, relational look at Scripture:
When you finish reading my first love letter to you, I want you to realize that I never underestimated how thoroughly youd mess up your life or how painfully you would struggle and suffer, and I dont want you to underestimate your failures or struggles either. Theyre all part of the story Im telling. But neither have I underestimated my determination or ability to enter both the mess youve made and the pain you feel, then turn everything around. I can, and I will, make everything good again. Never underestimate me.
Larrys intimate conversation with God asks deeply honest questions such as:
- God, what is it you wanted me to see in Obadiah?
- And whats up with Leviticus? Is there anything there for me?
- This one verse in Galatians has always frustrated me. Why is that?
- The way you wrote Revelation makes it difficult to understandwhy didnt you just describe what will happen in a straightforward way?
Listen to the story of God unfold through these chapters, and youll fi nd not only His redeeming love but His plan and provision designed especially for you.
Dr. Larry Crabb is a well-known psychologist, conference and seminary speaker, Bible teacher, popular author, and founder/director of NewWay Ministries. He is currently Scholar in Residence at Colorado Christian University in Denver and Visiting Professor of Spiritual Formation for Richmont Graduate University in Atlanta. Dr. Crabb and his wife of forty-six years, Rachael, live in the Denver, Colorado area. For additional information please visit www.newwayministries.org
The conversational aspect of this book is distinctive, showing, through sixty-six chapters organized in seven parts, that the Bible is a love story. Within each chapter the conversation focuses on the main issues and purposes of the addressed book, each chapter containing a bold-faced main point.
The book, while interesting and thought-provoking, suffers from its somewhat nonchalant conversational style. For instance, some of the questions Dr. Crabb asks seem a bit too convenient and scripted, giving the text a stale predictability at times. As anyone who has ever written a piece with dialogue knows, it is very difficult to make it genuine, especially when it is a longer conversation. This book, with some chapters being entirely dialogue, does only an on par job of this.
This book is also, despite the light tone of conversation, heavy reading, challenging the mind. The required reader comprehension level is high. It is thusly, in my opinion, best if read in small chunks, perhaps one chapter at a time. I consequently would not recommend this for young readers who either utterly consume books, not able to put them down, or who put them down and forget them. For older readers with more absorbent minds, especially ones new to the faith, this book is worth picking up. Over all, the book is unique in its format, but not overly spectacular in its delivery. Matthew J. Mimnaugh, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality