- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: David C. Cook
Publication Date: 2012
This humorously illustrated book is a collection of wisdom that renowned adventurer Bear Grylls wants to share with his sons about the risks, tumbles, and victories of a well-lived life.
Mountain climber, world-record holder, and internationally known television personality Grylls knows a thing or two about adventure. The greatest adventure he's experienced, though, is raising his three boys. In To My Sons, Grylls shares the quotes, Scripture verses, and spiritual wisdom he has learned through the literal ups and downs of an exciting life. Featuring cartoons from well-known sketch artist Charlie Mackesy, this book is a poignant primer for boys and men of all ages.
Bear Grylls is an internationally known adventurer, author, and motivational speaker who once had the world record as the youngest person to climb Mount Everest. He is also the host of Man vs. Wild, with a global audience of 1.2 billion, and the Chief Scout to 500,000 scouts in the United Kingdom. He lives with his wife, Shara, and three sons (Jesse, Marmaduke, and Huckleberry) on a barge on the Thames in London.
Bearfan5 Stars Out Of 5Great little inspirational book!July 14, 2012BearfanQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This was a lovely little book. Indeed it's not big and doesn't contain lots of text. But that wasn't intented to be so. He shares life advice in the form of quotes and funny cartoons by artist Charlie Mackesy, his best buddy.
The advices are very inspirational and many of them are faith-based. Relevant scripture verses like Matt 28:20. Other christian quotes, many of which are focused on Jesus:
- "Jesus came to seek and to save us, let Him do his job!"
- "It is a sign of great strength to need Jesus in your life."
- "Moments of doubt are part of life. Accept them and remember that Jesus Himself said: My power is made perfect in weakness!"
Non-christians might not like the number of faith-based quotes that Bear put in, but the book contains relevant non-spiritual advice as well, so it's good for all.
What I liked was the fact that you get a very good idea of the person of Bear Grylls and what he values in life. To sum it up in a nutshell: Live your dreams, be kind to others, trust your life to Jesus Christ and value the Bible.
ClaireWinchester, VA2 Stars Out Of 5Wished there was more to it.July 6, 2012ClaireWinchester, VAQuality: 4Value: 2Meets Expectations: 2This was a cute book I purchased for my husband for Father's Day. He is a fan of Bear Grylls, but we were both disappointed that there was not more substance to the content of the book. It consists of an illustration on one page and an accompanied short sentence or two of advice (or an occaisional scripture verse) related to the cartoon and topic (127 pages). We were hoping for more of a story or narrative for him to enjoy.
JamieBellingham, WAAge: 45-54Gender: male1 Stars Out Of 5Save your money and pass on this book.February 19, 2012JamieBellingham, WAAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1I bought this book because I like Bear and was excited to hear some good survival tips from a father to his sons. Unfortunately it is book filled with uninspiring sayings and overused thoughts. Not worth the $$$ or time. Bear is still the man but not much of an author.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Gift Books >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational