- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2009
The story of the Deluge - or the Global Flood of Noah - permeates nearly every culture in the world in some way, shape, or form. While details vary between the different cultures, the same basic elements, occur in all versions. In "Flood Legends" you will discover:
- Detailed analysis of myth, legend, and historical details that are clues for a common, global event
- Unique research from a comparative study supporting the biblical history
Despite the striking similarities of these accounts, some mythologists have looked at the minor differences in the stories and declared: "This never happened!"
There is another alternative - to accept that the different versions all refer to the same event - passed on from generation to generation, through various developing cultures. Through these legends, this epic event has remained woven into the tapestry of cultural history - sharing not just the story of survival, but the power of obedience, and the fulfillment of God's enduring promise.
Charles Martin explores flood mythology from around the world and presents a compelling argument for it by pointing to clues of a global flood event. He received his B.A. in Comparative Literature from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. He and his wife live in Richmond, VA.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology