- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) was a British Baptist preacher who remains highly influential among Christians of different denominations, among whom he is still known as the "Prince of Preachers." He preached his first sermon, from 1 Peter 2:7, in 1851 at 16 and became pastor of the Church in Waterbeach in 1852. He published more than 1,900 different sermons and preached to around 10,000,000 people during his lifetime. In addition, Spurgeon was a prolific author of many types of works including an autobiography, a commentary, books on prayer, a devotional, a magazine, poetry, hymnist and more. Many sermons were transcribed as he spoke and were later translated into many languages. Arguably, no other author, Christian or otherwise, has more material in print than C.H. Spurgeon.
Ardis Jensen5 Stars Out Of 5March 12, 2010Ardis JensenGreat Price! I ordered it for our future son-in-law as he is off to seminary and requested it.
Justin Childers5 Stars Out Of 5September 11, 2000Justin ChildersYes! This book is super practical and will answer 100 questions you have about the ministry. Here is your chance to sit under the teaching of the "Prince of Preachers." I wish I could make this book a requirement for all people going into vocational ministry. Hurry! Click the 'Order Now' button.
Matt5 Stars Out Of 5July 19, 2000MattMy only regret is that there are only five stars to rate this magnificent volume. This book gives more meat than most seminary classes --- that is why Spurgeon is one of my heroes. He gives such marvelous insight, wisdom, and nurture to his students (both students that lived under Spurgeon as well as his students today). If you are a pastor or lay minister, do not delay -- get this masterpiece. Other than his "Treasury of David" commentaries on the Psalms, this is triumphant work. How I wish he had lived longer than his 57 years (1834-1892).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Hermeneutics
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching