The Learning Tree: Overcoming Learning Disabilities from the Ground Up - eBook
Add To Cart
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
Raising the expectations of children with learning difficulties or differences, The Learning Tree uses the analogy of the tree to get at the root of children's problems with learning. Showing how missing fundamental developmental steps can interfere with learning, the authors put forth tips to help parents plan to strengthen essential skills. Casting the tree trunk as thinking skills from which grow the branches of reading, writing, math, and organizational skills, The Learning Tree will help you assess your child's skills, and provide the steps for strengthening skills even for children with sensory, processing, or other learning disorders. 275 indexed pages, hardcover with dust jacket.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Da Capo Lifelong Books
Publication Date: 2010
The Learning Tree offers a new understanding of learning problems. Rather than looking just at symptoms, this new approach describes how to find the missing developmental steps that cause these symptoms. The best solution to the problem comes from knowing what essential skills to strengthen.Using the metaphor of a tree, Dr. Stanley Greenspan explains that the roots represent how children take in the world through what they hear, see, smell, and touch. The trunk represents thinking skills through which children grow both academically and socially. From these, the branches-children's basic abilities to read, write, do math, and organize their work-develop.Both parents and early learning professionals will especially welcome the sections on finding and solving learning problems early. With Dr. Greenspan's characteristic wise optimism, this book "raises the ceiling" for all children who learn differently or with difficulty.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Special Needs/Gifted
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Teaching Resources
- Download >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> Homeschool >> Teaching Resources
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Teaching Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Homeschool Helps
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Special Needs/Gifted >> More Special Needs Resources
- Homeschool >> Teaching Resources >> Education Theory
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download