This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Learning to recognize and pronounce the basic hiragana and katakana phonetic alphabets is the first step in studying the Japanese language.
This set of 200 flash cards along with accompanying booklet, wall charts, and audio disc contains everything you need to quickly gain mastery of the two Japanese syllabaries and is a great way to learn Japanese. Frequent review is the key to memorizing the characters, and these cards are easily carried in a pocket or purse for a quick review session anytime.
This box contains:
- 200 hole–punched flash cards with an organizing ring.
- Two 24" x 18" wall charts showing all hiragana and katakana.
- Native–speaker audio recordings of 1,128 words and phrases.
- 32–page study booklet with indexes and practice tips.
Also available from Tuttle Publishing, Japanese Kanji Flash Cards Kit can be used alongside these flash cards to master written Japanese.
Dr. Emiko Konomi teaches Japanese in the World Languages and Literatures department of Portland State University.
"Tuttle really does give you everything you need to get started with Hiragana and Katakana, including a short booklet with many suggestions of how to use the flashcards, an index of the cards, and an English to Japanese mini dictionary of all of the words featured on the cards." —Lindsay Does Language blog