Add To Cart
Prompts include ideas like:
"What do you carry in your pocket, backpack, head, heart?"
"Track where your mind wanders during class, and see if you can turn your wonderings into a daydream-type story with wild and whirling words. Begin with the last thing your teacher said."
"Be a reporter with your eyes and ears.Bear witness to the next three people you see. In one short sketch, describe each one. Nothing more."
Featuring a number of creative exercises and things to think about, this book features a wide range of inspirational ideas that are sure to get your introspective teenagers thinking and writing. A variety of poems and example works are also included. 282 pages, softcover. High School.
|Title: Leap Write In!: Adventures in Creative Writing|
By: Karen Benke
Number of Pages: 282
Vendor: Roost Books
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 7.00 (inches)|
Stock No: WW800151
• On-the-Spot Drops that offer quick "free-fall" prompts on different themes, such as short-winded poems and seven-line stories.
• Mini Memoirs to unlock personal narrative to share, or not.
• Suddenly a Story suggestions to explore feelings and states of being like fear, reluctance, compassion, kindness, anxiety, anger, jealousy, happiness, and more.
• Surprise Yourself Surveys for those who think they know everything about themselves.
• Untie-Your-Mind Word Lists to jump-start stalled imaginations.
• Definition Decoders to introduce new ideas and styles of writing.
Created especially for tweens, teens, and other earthlings, this book provides you with a chance to create imaginative poems, stories, fragments, and real-life on-the-spot sketches. All thats required is that you take a breath, relax, reset, and leap write in!
"Writing is always work, but it is also playsomething most of us forget as we grow up. In this most engaging guide Karen Benke reconnects us with the mind at play: imagining and observing, listening and remembering. She nods to our hesitations and then encourages us to leap write in! With her lively and gentle invitations we find our stories and poems are everywherein hair and bones, backward poems and imaginary paintings."J. Ruth Gendler, author of The Book of Qualities