- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2016
Bestselling author and pastor Bill Hybels helps equip leaders with five key skills that everyone needs in order to grow their leadership ability. Each of the video sessions will feature Hybels sharing the wisdom and experience that he has learned in nearly 40 years of leadership at Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Illinois.
In this five-session teaching video (DVD/digital video sold separately), Hybels will help leaders discover what kind of leader they are, how to gain self-awareness and relational awareness, how to build an effective team, how to form and declare a vision, and discovering each leader's holy discontent.
- The Power of Vision
- The Toughest Person You Lead
- Mastering 360-Degree Leadership
- Building a Fantastic Culture
- Pursue Your Unique Calling
Designed for use with the Leading from Here to There Video Study 9780310884606 (sold separately).
Bill Hybels is the founding and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill., and chairman of the board for the Willow Creek Association. The bestselling author of more than twenty books, including Leadership Axioms, Holy Discontent, Just Walk Across the Room, The Volunteer Revolution, and Courageous Leadership, and classics such as Too Busy Not to Pray and Becoming a Contagious Christian, Hybels is known worldwide as an expert in training Christian leaders to transform individuals and their communities through the local church. He and his wife, Lynne, have two adult children and two grandsons, Henry and Mac.
DrWhy2 Stars Out Of 5Two CautionsSeptember 1, 2017DrWhyQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 1I've just started facilitation of this study--one session so far. However, in my prep for the first session I noted two things everyone should be aware of:
1) The sessions are designed to be completed in 90 min (and that might be too short with good discussion among participants). You CANNOT do these sessions in 60 min without cutting content. The lessons are built in such a way that that would be difficult to do. Takeaway: Plan for a solid 90 min for each session.
2) The content, while good leadership training, REFERS to scripture. It does not DEPEND on scripture. A reasonable explanation of that might be that Hybels' intended audience is not just believers. However, the video lessons and book refer very explicitly to God, church, pastors, etc. It would NOT be appropriate to bring into most business environments (like you can with something from John Maxwell). So if Hybels isn't shy about God, church, and pastor language, why is he so shy about scripture. (Make no mistake--that frustrates me!!). Takeaway: if you want to use this study for discipling leaders, you will need to supplement it with additional resources (possible stretching the 90 min requirement). (Example: this might be--I haven't fully vetted this yet--a good resource for Hybels' first session on vision: https://bible.org/seriespage/communicating-vision.)
Right now, I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Leadership
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides