- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"Reading awakens imagination and guides thought in a way that television and movies never can. It creates intellectual passion and a capacity to envision that leads to creativity and a thrilling life of the mind. Reading also has the power to transform a home. It not only creates a lasting bond between child and parent, it can make a home a haven from the commotion of frantic schedules and noise that is modern life. Thought becomes possible, conversations thrive, and home becomes a place of nurturing the soul. These experiences leave a lasting mark on the heart of a child and are cherished even more in adulthood."---Beverly Darnall
Because not all books are great and not all are worth reading, you need a guide to lead you to the treasures. Laura's List is just such a guide. Based on recommendations from a trusted and widely-respected source---Laura Bush---Beverly Darnall has compiled 57 gems in children's literature.
The books are grouped into three categories for easy reference: books for family reading, books for young children, and books for intermediate/independent readers; three books are listed as special comfort books. Each entry includes:
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2006
Mrs. Bush's own background and dedication to reading gives rise to this collection and can inspire others to take up her passion for reading as a means to expanding a child's world.
Simple and powerful in conception, Laura's List discusses each book that our First Lady has publicly recommended, providing summaries and excerpts. It examines the values taught by each selection, and offers a reader's guide, listing prevalent themes and questions to ask after reading.
Also Included are:
- a short biography of the First Lady;
- appendices of themes found in each book; and
- Laura Bush's reading recommendations for adults.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Elementary Age
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Child Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Elementary Age
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Reference >> Homeschool Helps
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download