- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2003
Do you ever wonder what makes the South one of the most incredible places on Earth? As Larissa discovers, it's the awe-inspiring women. In this engaging story, ten remarkable women from rich and varied cultures share their words, their wit, their wisdom, and their lives.
The language of these women "is colorful and nuanced and often poetic, and the folks whose lives the storyteller enters and exits are complicated and comic, and at the same time often tragic. This community, woven together by the storyteller's enchantments...is moving and memorable." Lois Parkinson Zamora, professor at University of Houston, made those comments about the stories in Just Plain Folks, Lorraine Johnson-Coleman's earlier work. But they could just as easily have been written about the characters in Larissa's BreadBook.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Tales
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational