Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
You may be familiar with the people and stories of Scripture but have you considered how the geography of the Bible factors into those accounts? John Beck has. He loves Scripture, and he loves how geography brings Bible reading to life. Once you understand the correlation of geography to story, he says, "You will read your Bible in a way that you’ve never read it before."
In Land without Borders, John takes a small group hiking through the wilderness of the Holy Land to help them grasp how barren it is. Join John in this six-part adventure and see how the landscape plays into your spiritual experience. You’ll understand how biblical authors incorporated the elements of wilderness into their stories and learn to trust God within your own spiritual wilderness.
DVD Session Information:
- Introduction: What is Wilderness? - John defines the seven qualities of a physical wilderness, from how vast and rugged it is to the fact that it has no borders. (2:29)
- How Does God Use Widerness? - Having explained what physical wilderness is, John demonstrates how God uses spiritual wilderness in our lives as seasons for growth. (12:16)
- Wilderness and Faith Witness - John shows how wilderness can increase our faith witness through the example of David, seeking refuge from Saul in a wilderness oasis. (10:20)
- Wilderness without Wanting - Using a shepherd and his flock as examples, John shows how sheep trust their leader to meet all their needs, even in a barren land. (10:15)
- Wilderness and Forgiveness - Focusing on the Matthew 4 account of Jesus's temptation after fasting for forty days and forty nights, John explains how we are forgiven because Jesus lived the perfect life in our place. (8:50)
- Wilderness and Extravagant Love for Our Neighbor - John takes the familiar story of the good Samaritan, describing how to love your neighbor, to a new level of understanding. (11:02)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. John Beck is a scholar, educator, and writer with extensive experience in biblical geography. He has a PhD in theology and Old Testament from Trinity International University and is an adjunct faculty member at Jerusalem University College in Israel.
Vendor: Discovery House
|Publication Date: 2018|