Knowing Grace: Cultivating a Lifestyle of Godliness - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2012
Why is it that our spiritual disciplines feel so dutiful and routine most of the time? We are called to delight in Him, to draw near and enjoy Him and yet that seems far from most of our realities. There are many fine written works describing the need, purpose, and methods of spiritual disciplines. Knowing Grace complements these by fostering and deepening the reader's engagement with God through various means of grace. By using this terminology, "means of grace" a rightful emphasis is placed on God's initiation, invitation, and empowering to engage with Him in ways that foster a greater sensitivity to His movements, stirrings, nudges and voice. By growing more familiar with being in His presence, one experiences more of His grace, moving us from duty to delight.
Joanne Jung is a professor in the Biblical and Theological Studies Department at Biola University in La Mirada, CA. She received an MA in Bible Exposition at Talbot School of Theology, and earned her PhD in Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in 2007. She and her husband Norm have been married for over 30 years and reside and attend church in Irvine, CA.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality