Do You Know the Monkey Man?: A Novel - eBook
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Peachtree Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
Samanthas quest to answer her questions about her past sets in motion a chain of events that will change her life forever
For thirteen-year-old Samantha, life consists of too many unanswered questions. Why has her father not tried to contact her all these years? How could he have allowed her twin sister to drown in Clearwater Quarry when they were only toddlers? And how can Samanthas mother expect her to accept some man she hardly knows as her new father? Samantha already has a father out there. Somewhere.
A fateful decision sets into motion a chain of events and confrontations that will change Samanthas and her familys lives forever. As she sets out to find her father and discover what really happened the day her sister was presumed drowned, she uncovers painful secrets that threaten to destroy her family all over again.
Readers will be drawn into Dori Butlers dramatic, suspenseful, and sensitive story of one familys crisis unwittingly brought on by an adolescent girls search for the truth.
Dori Hillestad Butler is the Edgar Awardwinning author of numerous works of fiction and nonfiction for young readers, including the Buddy Files juvenile mystery series. She has also published stories for children in magazines such as Highlights for Children, Cricket, Spider, Childrens Digest, and Child Life. Butler is the childrens book review columnist for the Cedar Rapids Gazette. She lives in Iowa.
"Butler has a simplicity of narrative voice that makes the story easy to read while reflecting the often-complex emotions of children forced to deal with things that have long been buried. It is the way that the author conveys these emotions that provides the most lingering memories of this fast-paced suspense novel." School Library Journal
"Middle-graders looking for a simple mystery will be pleased, and the story may inspire them to think about the concepts of identity and family that are threaded through the story." Booklist
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Emotional Issues
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Siblings/Family Life
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Emotional Issues
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Family Life