Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Know the Creeds and Councils - eBook|
By: Justin Holcomb
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2014
Stock No: WW48942EB
In every generation, the Christian church must interpret and restate its bedrock beliefs, answering the challenges and concerns of the day. This accessible overview walks readers through centuries of creeds, councils, catechisms, and confessionsnot with a dry focus on dates and places, but with an emphasis on the living tradition of Christian belief and why it matters for our lives today.
As a part of the KNOW series, Know the Creeds and Councils is designed for personal study or classroom use, but also for small groups and Sunday schools wanting to more deeply understand the foundations of the faith.
Each chapter covers a key statement of faith and includes a discussion of its historical context, a simple explanation of the statements content and key points, reflections on contemporary and ongoing relevance, and discussion questions.
Justin Holcomb (PhD, Emory University) is an Episcopal priest and a professor of theology and Christian thought at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Reformed Theological Seminary. He has authored, coauthored, and edited several books, including Know the Heretics. He lives with his wife and daughters in Orlando, Florida.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Significant People & Events >> Creeds & Confessions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Significant People & Events
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference