This edition is a fresh variation on Oxford's combination of the KJV translation with the renowned Scofield study system. The Scofield KJV continues the legacy of the committee of Evangelical scholars who edited the New Scofield Study Bible in 1967. It includes numerous features that enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this treasured one volume resource. Special Features:
- New subheadings clarify the structure of book introductions
- Expanded explanations bring out each books' main points
- Detailed outlines provide guidance for studying the text
- Additional cross references enhance insights into the text.
- An exclusive subject based topical chain reference system that enables readers to follow major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture
- Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips
- Expanded introductions included detailed outlines of each book
- Study note biblical references are now in the familiar chapter and verse format
- Bottom of the page study notes permit quick retrieval of interesting data
- Over 550 in text definitions of proper nouns locate place name references and explain the meaning of personal names in their original language
- Striking new page design and crisp typeface make reading easy on the eyes
- Nearly 70 in text black and white maps and charts help orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text
- Nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield (including all notes on Dispensations, Covenants, and Summary notes) are now featured as in text articles, making them easier to locate and read
- Sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history
- New indexes to Proper nouns, chain references and subject
- 16 pages of accurate, full color Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world
- 9.50" x 6.50" x 1.50"
- Ribbon marker
- Gilded page edges
- Presentation page
- Family record pages
Packed with new supplementary materials, each Scofield® Study Bible is durable and made to withstand daily use. Each volume includes a presentation page for gift giving, a full-color map section, and attractive binding in a variety of styles to suit any occasion.
This brown-tan basketweave edition combines the renowned Scofield® study notes and reference system with the historic King James Version translation with thumb indexing. Generations of Bible students have chosen the Scofield® Study Bibles for its unique study and reference features. Clean, clear text and annotations are laid out in an easy-to-read format, guiding readers to a fuller understanding of the Bible.
The Scofield® Study Bible III KJV includes cross references that link topics and words together, introductions to the various books of the Bible, a superb system of chain references, the concordance, study notes, charts and diagrams, a subject and a proper name index, and much more.