Oxford is proud to announce a limited edition of the 1611 text of the King James Bible, hardcover with real leather covering, gilt edging, ribbon markers, gift presentation plate, and protective cloth slipcase.
This is the most authoritative edition of the King James Bible available. The text of the 1611 edition differs from modern editions of the King James Version in thousands of details, and this edition is the most authentic version of the original text that has ever been published. It follows the 1611 text page-for-page and line-for-line, reproducing all misprints rather than correcting them. The volume also reprints the large body of preliminary matter, which includes genealogies, maps, and lists of readings, as well as the translator's preface to the reader. The text features an easy-to-read modern font instead of the black-letter type of the original, with the exception of the original decorative letters and early page ornaments, which have been reproduced. The volume concludes with an essay by Renaissance Studies expert, Gordon Campbell, on the first edition of the King James Bible.
The 400th anniversary of the publication of the King James Bible will be a major event, with celebrations held all over the world. This beautiful Anniversary Edition will make an elegant keepsake with which to remember this event as well as a marvelous gift for anyone interested in the Bible. Features
- A luxury limited edition King James Bible to mark the 400th anniversary of the translation, hardcover with real leather covering, gilt edging, ribbon marker, gift presentation plate and protective cloth slipcase
- Uses the authorative 1611 text free from changes that have crept into later editions and incorporates original preliminary materials, including the translators' preface to the reader
- Re-incorporates early page ornaments and decorative letters into the roman typeface setting to create a new text setting that is both easily legible and beautiful to look at
- The volume concludes with an essay by Renaissance Studies expert, Gordon Campbell, on the first edition of the King James Bible
- Two ribbon markers
- Presentation bookplate for optional application