All hail King Baby! He greets his adoring public with giggles and wiggles and coos, posing for photos and allowing hugs and kisses. But this royal ruler also has many demands, and when his subjects can't quite keep up, King Baby takes matters into his own tiny hands.
Created by Kate Beaton, author of The Princess and the Pony and #1 New York Times bestsellers Hark! A Vagrant and Step Aside, Pops!, this modern, funny, and (let's be honest) realistic take on life with a new baby is the perfect gift for anyone with an adorable little monarch in their world.
Kate Beaton is the author of The Princess and the Pony, which received four starred reviews and was selected as an ALA Notable Children's Book, and Hark! A Vagrant and Step Aside, Pops!, both #1 New York Times bestselling comics collections. Kate is the recipient of multiple Harvey awards, and her cartoons have been featured in the New Yorker. Kate lives in Canada, and you can find her online at www.beatontown.com, or on Twitter and Tumblr as @beatonna.
Praise for King Baby:
"Beaton brings a fresh, modern energy and spot-on pacing to the regal-baby theme, showing why comics artists like her have been redefining what picture books can do." -- New York Times Book Review
* "King Baby rules... Beaton keeps her book feeling fresh through humorous illustrations that expand on the wry text and never shy away from exposing the extent of King Baby's tyranny." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Beaton offers a sly, hilarious dig at the way young parents bow to their child's every desire." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Utterly charming and delightful, this book will merit countless readings." -- Bookish
Praise for The Princess and the Pony:
An ALA Notable Children's Book
CBC Children's Choice Book Award Winner (Illustrator of the Year)
Indies Choice and E.B. White Read-Aloud Book Award Finalist
"I don't know how you make such a pretty book that has heart and wisdom and also a farting pony, but Kate Beaton does, and we are lucky that she does." -- Jon Klassen, Caldecott-winning creator of This Is Not My Hat and I Want My Hat Back
"It is the perfect, perfect book about girls, gender roles, and adorable ponies." -- Cory Doctorow, boingboing.net
* "[H]ip, modern, and absolutely refreshing... [T]his warrior princess breaks the mold -- and Beaton is in a class of her own." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "It's a smart, brisk story that tosses aside conventional ideas of what princesses (and ponies) are 'supposed' to be." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "A highly recommended, charmingly illustrated tale of teamwork and tenderness." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "The perfect combination of heartwarming and hilarious." -- Booklist, starred review