Deepen your faith and enrich your life through this study of core Methodist beliefs.
Written by popular seminary teachers, this book will connect you to the life and ministry of John Wesley, demonstrating relevance for the lives of Christians today as it offers an introductory examination of each. In easy-to-understand language, each chapter is divided into five sections:
1. A Wesleyan Faith: an account of the basic ideas under discussion, understood in light of some of John Wesleys insights;
2. A Lived Faith: discussion of the practical, everyday implications for Christian living;
3. A Deeper Faith: gets into some of the more difficult ideas of Christian thinking;
4. The Catechism: shorthand way of learning the basics of Wesleyan Christianity; and
5. In Your Own Words: reflection questions that will help you take the name of Jesus with you.
William J. Abraham is the Albert Cook Outler Professor of Wesley Studies at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.