Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in certain countries.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Broadstreet Publishing Group
Publication Date: 2015
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
bookwomanjoanOak Harbor, WAAge: Over 65Gender: Female5 Stars Out Of 5Memoir of love and perseverenceMay 14, 2015bookwomanjoanOak Harbor, WAAge: Over 65Gender: FemaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Kelly Tough became the phrase that identified the toughest quarterback in the NFL, Jim Kelly. Erin now uses it to describe their journey through her dad's cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Her dad taught Erin to be Kelly Tough. Erin evidences a spiritual maturity beyond what I would have expected at her age. She admits she doesn't have all the answers as she hasn't lived long enough yet, hasn't had enough life experiences. Yet she shows wisdom and faith that is an encouragement to any young person.
She tells how her younger brother died in 2005, at the age of eight and a half, of a rare genetic disease. She writes of her father's cancer and then its recurrence and all she has learned when under fire.
She went through a time of questioning God yet came through the ordeal knowing the reason for her hope. She draws a wonderful parallel of the love between her and her father and the love we share with our Father. She has learned that God is so gracious that He redeems mistakes.
In the end, she has learned to rejoice in whatever God brings along the path. Here is a little of her wisdom: And sometimes the victory isn't in the winning or losing, but in the willingness to join the fight, regardless of the odds, or the fear because it's the right thing to do. (27) Here is another: Being Kelly Tough means you always do more than what's expected of you. (36)
This is a great book for young people, especially if they are going through a tough time. Erin provides great encouragement by example for persevering through the grace of God and by His strength. She helps us know that we too can make it through the ups and downs of life's greatest struggles. It is encouraging to see such wisdom and maturity in a young person.
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Icon Media for the purpose of an independent and honest review.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction