Keeping Silence: Christian Practices for Entering Stillness - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2002
When C. W. McPherson asked the members of his congregation to practice just ten minutes of silence each day during Advent, it seemed like a simple task. It sounded easy, said one of his parishioners, but then I actually tried to do it. This concise, conversational, and engaging book is for those who find it difficult or even impossible to slow down and be quiet. But if we cant learn how to be still in the midst of a noisy world, we will have a hard time listening for Gods voice and guidance in our lives. McPherson explores the positive effects that practicing silence has on body, soul, and mind. He provides historical background and easy-to-follow instructions for a variety of Christian practices. Among the practices included are Benedictine rumination, psalm repetition, the Jesus Prayer, Ignatian meditation, meditation on icons or candles, walking the labyrinth or the Stations of the Cross, and more. This valuable book is written to be used by individuals or groups. The Rev. C. W. McPherson is an Episcopal priest who has spent twenty years in parish ministry. He is also a spiritual director, retreat leader, and mentor for deacons and priests in formation. He is a published poet and the author of Grace at this Time: Praying the Daily Office and Understanding Faith: An Exploration of Christian Theology, both available from Morehouse Publishing. He lives in New Rochelle, New York.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Solitude
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Worship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Church & Supplies >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship