Keeping Company with Saint Ignatius: Walking the Camino of Santiago de Compostela - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2014
Luke Larsons book reveals The Way as I experienced it, and in ways that I wish everyone could. Martin Sheen Keeping Company invites you to step off the treadmill and go for a walkwherever you are. There are ways that you, too, may experience God more intimately. For a spiritual pilgrim, the Road to Compostela is not about beautiful vistas, meeting interesting people, and drinking good wine. It is not about exercise. Luke Larson and his wife Evie took this famous journey for very different reasons. For a true pilgrim, walking an ancient path becomes a kind of discipleship, a renewal of faith, and in this case, a journey with Jesus himself. Join Luke and Evie as they explore a pilgrimage so central to the Christian story that it is often simply called, The Way. They also journeyed intentionally with St. Ignatius of Loyola, who knew parts of this road himself hundreds of years ago, and the major themes of Ignatian Spirituality add rich layers to this magnificent book. Combining the beauty of Martin Sheens movie The Way, the allure of the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela, and a gentle, original and creative introduction to Ignatian spirituality, Larson provides insight into marriage, self-knowledge and God. A great read! Dr. Richard G. Malloy, SJ, The University of Scranton, author of Being on Fire: The Top Ten Essentials of Catholic Faith We are fortunate that Luke Larson has been willing to share this incredible journey. He and his wife Evie clearly have a profoundly deep spirituality that is grounded in the everyday issues that confront us in trying to encounter the living God. What they learned about themselves, St. Ignatius of Loyola, and the God of pilgrimage is an incredible window into how even lesser walks can be transformative. Sr. Carol Keehan DC, President/CEO, Catholic Health Association of the United States Luke Larson spent eight years as a Jesuit seminarian. He holds a bachelors degree in philosophy and a masters in religious studies from Gonzaga University. He is a mission executive with one of the largest Catholic health systems, a certified chaplain, executive coach, and spiritual director.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Ignatius of Loyola
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Catholic
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Catholic
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Ignatius of Loyola
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Catholic
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction