If you're in business for yourself, don't sell yourself short. Reap all the tax-saving benefits you deserve with this clear, concise, step-by-step guide that shows you exactly how to take advantage of every tax deduction allowable by law. Inside, you'll find all the facts the IRS doesn't want you to know, and glean all the advice you need to:
* Convert everyday living expenses into business deductions
* Audit-proof your tax return -- how to keep records that will satisfy the IRS
* Choose the form of entity that's best for you
* Utilize insider's tips on numerous deductions: your home office, business equipment, car, credit card interest, clothing, meals, entertainment, trips and vacations, and medical expenses
* Use hiring techniques that save you money
* Income shifting techniques -- make your family part of your tax shelter
Plus, you'll get invaluable insights into retirement plans for the self-employed, including IRAs, Keoghs, SEP and 401(k) plans, and much, much more. Packed with informative charts, worksheets, questionnaires, and self-tests, Keep Your Hard-Earned Money provides solid advice you can take to the bank.