- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2017
"Christians who take the Bible seriously dare not ignore this message. Paul Nyquist writes like an Old Testament prophet in modern America . . . " Leith Anderson, president, National Association of Evangelicals | Washington, DC
"Paul Nyquist brings a biblical focus and discerning look at why justice matters and how we might worktoward it."- Ed Stetzer, Billy Graham Chair | Wheaton College
"… [Explains] why justice often eludes us in this life, but also how we must work to achieve it as best we can." Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer, pastor emeritus, The Moody Church | Chicago
Why is justice so hard to come by?
The innocent are convicted. The guilty get away. The scales tip toward the powerful, while the weak remain oppressed.
If our world is so sophisticated, why is there so much injustice? What can believers do? Can we ever expect justice? Dr. Paul Nyquist, president of Moody Bible Institute, addresses these questions and more in his new book, Is Justice Possible?
In four parts he considers:
- Biblical and theological foundations of justice
- Obstacles to justice in human society
- Practical steps for pursuing justice in political, personal, and public arenas
- The hope of true justice upon Christs return
As police shootings and wrongful incarcerations raise increasing questions in the minds of Christians, Is Justice Possible? will seek to provide answers and establish biblical expectations.
At its core, this is a book about an attribute of God. Rather than rely on our own ideas of justice, we must look to the One who made us and embodies justice perfectly. Only then can we pursue justice in purposeful, effective, eternal ways.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality