Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: AMG Publishers
Publication Date: 2011
|Dimensions: 10.00 X 7.00 (inches)|
A 30-day Walk With God in the Psalms: A Companion Devotional to a Place of Quiet RestNancy Leigh DeMossMoody Publishers / 2002 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 9 Reviews
$16.99Save 24% ($4.00)
Becoming a Woman Who Walks With God: A Month of Devotionals for Abiding in ChristCynthia HealdNavPress / 2004 / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)
More Than Just a Pretty Face uses 31 daily readings, including humorous beauty anecdotes and reflections from the life of Queen Esther, to bring women back to the reality that outward appearances do only go skin deep. It will help us laugh at the importance we sometimes place on our looks and show us we can attain real beauty in Gods eyes.
Thirty one daily readings are divided into four sections. The first three sections are rooted in major themes of the book of Esther: God has a plan for everyone; We will encounter problems along the way; AND Gods power is sufficient for anything He asks us to do. The final section THE NEW YOU: Encouragement, Perspective and Perseverance, gives practical challenges and issues to consider as the reader launches her own effort to be beautifully obedient in the real world. Since More Than Just a Pretty Face does not move in chronological order, the author has suggested an appendix at the back of the book which would contain the actual ten chapter text of the book of Esther. Each of the 31 daily readings ends with an Esther passage of scripture, but this useful tool will help the reader appropriately apply the context.
Karen Morerod has over forty years of wandering in the beauty wilderness. When shes not been moussing, plucking or convincing herself to eat a veggie burger, she has written devotions for various publications, personal experience stories and articles for magazines that include Decision, Focus on the Family and Todays Christian Women.
Karen has regularly performed for five years a drama she wrote entitled, Echoes of Esther. She is a pastors wife, mother of five and grandma of four beautiful girls. She has served on state womens boards in her denomination and written programs for various womens ministries. She is active in promoting and coordinating critique groups in her writers group Heart of America Christian Writers Network.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Health
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Health
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Last Chance Bargains >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Pastoral