Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 420
Vendor: Christian Focus
Series: Focus on the Bible
Haggai, Zechariah & Malachi: God's Restored People (Focus on the Bible)John L. MackayChristian Focus / 2010 / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:
$17.99Save 25% ($4.50)
Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah: NIV Application Commentary [NIVAC]James BrucknerZondervan / 2004 / Hardcover$18.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$29.99Save 37% ($11.00)
Proverbs: Everyday Wisdom for Everyone (Focus on the Bible)Eric LaneChristian Focus / 2007 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)
These prophets were writing in the time period 7th to 8th Century BC. Nahum, Habakkuk and Zephaniah were all writing towards the end of the 7th Century BC. Micah's is the oldest prophecy here, he was a contemporary of Isaiah, Jonah came in between at the start of the 7th Century.
The major prophetic themes of the destruction of Israel's enemies, the judgement of God upon Israel when she turns from him, and the peace that would result from living in harmony with God, are all here. There is also Messianic and future prophetic themes - such as the eternal reign of a king from the line of David (Micah) and the destruction of Jerusalem (Zephaniah). This fascinating period of Bible history is full of drama, wisdom and insight.
This book is an extended edition of his previous commentary 'God's Just Demands' about the first three prophets in the current title.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Habakkuk
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Jonah
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Micah
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Nahum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> Zephaniah