- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Of the 56 contributors, thirty of them are new to the series. Reflecting the commentary's international and cross-denominational approach, they come from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, and from a broad diversity of churches, including Anglican, Baptist, Brethren, Methodist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary uses the complete NIV for its English text, but it also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages. Features of the Revised Edition
- Comprehensive Introductions
- Short and Precise Bibliographies
- Deatiled Outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of of sections of Scripture to illumine the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes.
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Expositor's Bible Commentary
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.