Add To Cart
Number of Pages: 272
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 1998
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 3/4 (inches)|
Antiquity: From the Birth of Sumerian Civilization to the Fall of the Roman EmpireNorman F. CantorHarper Perennial / 2004 / Trade Paperback$12.59 Retail:
$13.99Save 10% ($1.40)
John Hayes and Sara Mandell provide a clear exposition of Jewish history from 333 BCE to 135 CE. This volume focuses on the Judean-Jerusalem community from a historical rather than ideological or theological perspective. With the inclusion of charts, maps, and ancient texts, the authors have constructed a fascinating account that is indispensable for the study of this crucial period.
Sara R. Mandell, Professor Emeritus at the University of South Florida, earned her BA (Latin), MA (Latin), and PhD (Classics) at NYU. Mandell studied Organ with Frederick Swann and Virgil Fox at Riverside Church in NY. She served on the Classics faculty of Emory University and subsequently both the Classics and Religious Studies faculty of The University of South Florida. Mandell won honorable mention in the Westinghouse Science Talent Search (now the Intel Search) for research in Physical Chemistry. She is the recipient of NYU's Founders Day Award, two State of Florida teaching awards, and a USF Distinguished Service award. She has published numerous articles and books chapters and is the co-author of two books (one with David Noel Freedman and one with John H. Hayes). Mandell served as President of the SouthEastern Region of ASOR. She was on the editorial board of USF Studies in the History of Judaism and was Editor of its sub-series, The Hebrew Scriptures and their World.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> World Religions >> Judaism
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Theology >> World Religions >> Judaism